Some classic clothing can be used over and over for years. so why not try to keep it looking its best. Most of the tips below are very easy things to do that won’t require much effort or time from you but can extend the life of your garments considerably.
Tips To Extend the Life of your Clothing
- Do not hang wet or moist garments in your closet.
- Mend all rips and tears immediately, especially before it is cleaned.
- Do not store dirty clothing for long periods of time.
- Treat and remove all stains as soon as possible after the accident occurs.
- Clean clothes frequently because dirty clothes attract insects.
- Follow the care instructions and do not remove care labels.
- Carefully inspect your clothing after each wearing to determine the need for repairs or cleaning.
- Do not allow perfumes, hair spray, or lotions to come in contact with your clothing because the alcohol contained in these products can cause color loss.
- Do not allow garments to be in direct contact with artificial or direct light for prolonged periods of time.
Widmer’s dry cleaning services inspects your clothing before it is cleaned and alerts you when we see something that needs to be repaired before cleaning. Widmer’s can repair you clothing, and for instances of serious damage, we can restore your clothing with our garment restoration services.
Trust us with your clothing and you will see why “Widmer’s Means Clean!”